Thursday, January 5, 2012

things i secretly love about my husband

1. His use (or misuse) of the English language:
-he actually calls herbs, h-erbs, h and everything. Yes, like Herb, short for Herbert.
-he calls tv shows "programs"
-when the dvr records a show, he says it is taping
-he misuses words in sentences...here is a favorite example: One day Tim had really bad gas. He lets out this really loud fart, waits until it hits his nose, grimaces, and says "Oh man, that's a poignant fart!" Poignant. I do believe he meant pungent.
-he says "wowza" instead of "yowza" 
-he likes his pasta "a la dente"

2. He bathes every night. Notice I didn't say that he showers every night, which would be what a normal person does. He actually takes super long, lavender infused, candle lit baths. This has been a point of marital contention when he wants to relax for extra long, i.e filling the bath with all the hot water, letting it get cold, and instead of exiting the bath at that point, refilling the bath with the remaining hot water. All I want at the end of the day is enough hot water to rinse Parker residue off me.

3.  He never knows the lyrics to songs: He sometimes sings the Barney song to Parker, apparently in a version I have never heard before. "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family with a knick knack patty wack give a dog a bone."

4. Best of all, he is the world's best dad. 

2 comments: